Cyspera Pigment Corrector
What is Cyspera?
Cyspera is the first and only topical cream containing cysteamine hydrochloride (HCl) to diminish the appearance of stubborn skin discoloration.
This product delivers multiple key benefits:
- Effectively improves the appearance of persistent brown patches and dark spots
- Minimizes the recurrence of skin discoloration with continued use
- Well tolerated for long-term use
- Formulated without hydroquinone or retinol
How to Use
- Do not wash skin before applying- if you have already washed your skin, wait one hour before using Cyspera.
- Once daily for 12-16 weeks (or until desired affect), apply a thin layer of the product to desired treatment area and leave on for 15 minutes (a warming or tingling sensation may occur and last up to 30 minutes). Safe to use morning or night
- Remove product by washing face with a gentle cleanser.
- After washing, moisturize the skin to ensure healthy hydration.
- Once you have achieved your desired effect, you can maintain your results with twice-weekly treatments.
How Does Cyspera Work?
In scientific terms:
Cysteamine cream is a depigmenting agent that provides double enzyme inhibition of tyrosinase and peroxidase and also removes dopaquinone from the pathway. Moreover, it inhibits Fenton-type reactions through its iron and copper ion-quenching effects, increases intra-cellular glutathione, and reduces dark melanin in the stratum corneum into a lighter form through antioxidant effect. – Dr. Jeanine Downey
· Tyrosinase Inhibitor, somewhat similar to Hydroquinone (HQ) but doesn’t hurt the skin cells like HQ. Tyrosinase Inhibitors reduce the enzyme Tyrosinase from over stimulation, so it reduces the overproduction of pigment in the skin.
· Increases the antioxidant affect (Glutathione) within the skin to reduce color and create even skin tone. Glutathione is an antioxidant naturally found in human cells that neutralizes free radicals. Glutathione can also assist in deactivating the tyrosinase enzyme.
Is it Safe to Pair Cyspera with Facials, Peels and Laser Treatments?
Yes, you can use up to the day of laser, enzyme peels, or chemical peels. Post treatment protocol and reintroduction of Cyspera will be discussed during your treatment. Cyspera is also safe to use with most other skincare. Ask your provider.
When Will I Need to Replenish Cyspera?
Cyspera is sold in a 1.75 oz size and should last about 3 months when you are using it once daily as indicated for your initial protocol. Many clients notice a significant improvement in as little 6 weeks and will begin their maintenance phase at this time.