Leafy Greens – The Glow Getters
Dark leafy greens like chard, arugula, spinach and kale are incredibly rich sources of vitamins, mineral and age-fighting phytochemicals. These antioxidant-rich greens go straight to the source supporting new growth, cell repair, and detoxification of the body so the skin will look healthier and younger.
How do they do it?
Leafy greens are high in vitamin A which can help with acne by reducing the production of sebum and helping the system to eliminate toxins leaving a calmer, clearer complexion. Vitamin E protects the skin from free-radical damage. Folate (B9) helps skin repair and create new cells. Beta-carotene performs a similar function of protection and cellular renewal. Biotin can speed up cell repair. Lutein boosts hydration. Leafy greens also contain omega-3 fatty acids which help maintain healthy cell membranes keeping the skin soft and supple. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that supports the immune system.
This ultra-healthy, super-fast and simple-to-prepare dish will give your skin a powerful hit of all the best beauty nutrients.
· 4 handfuls of spinach, roughly chopped
· 2 handfuls of kale (thick stems removed), roughly chopped
· 2 handfuls of chard (stems removed), roughly chopped
· 3 garlic cloves, minced
· 2 tbsp EVOO
· 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
· Sea salt
· Lemon, squeezed
- Place the greens and garlic in a strainer and blanch.
- Transfer greens to a large salad bowl. Toss together with EVOO, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and lemon juice.
For more recipes, visit our Eating Beautiful Facebook group.